INCLUdes THE STRATEGIES YOU'LL NEED to weave reading throughout your entire day, leaving you confident that your students or children will be ready for reading in kindergarten.
My name is Desirée McGee-Greene. With my Early Childhood Education degree, 9 years of classroom teaching and 4 years as an Instructional Coach, I'm excited to teach you the strategies you'll need to make sure your students or children don't start Kindergarten behind!
I just LOVE teaching the little ones. I had the privilege of working with some amazing little ones over my past 13 years. I taught two years of Preschool & PreK and 2 years of Kindergarten. Their minds are like sponges and they learn so fast. I got to experience things with them for the first time. When you are teaching early childhood education, you are often the first witness to so many groundbreaking moments. It will be these times when you really feel rewarded as a teacher. These daily 'wins' always kept me motivated.
are you ready to learn the READING strategies you'll need TO teach your students or children so that they walk into their kindergarten classroom ready, excited & eager to learn?
- A variety of skills and strategies that your students/children will be taught and expected to learn in the beginning of Kindergarten so that you can provide them with the RIGHT foundational skills that will prepare them for Kindergarten.
- The most effective reading strategies and early reading behaviors you'll need to teach, prompt and reinforce with your students/children that can be woven throughout your entire day to model what good readers always do. For example: interactive read aloud, shared reading, center or exploration time, snack time, transition time, social studies and science.
- Easy, fun activities and strategies for building vocabulary that will help your students/children have a good, well-rounded understanding of basic words and what they mean.
HERE'S WHAT THE WEBINAR INCLUDES:
Getting Ready to Read
* 2 Hours of Training and Q&A with Desirée
* Date: January 25th, 2020
* Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EST)