When your students are writing small moment stories, are they having a difficulty distinguishing between a big topic, smaller topic, and a small moment? Are they writing lot of big watermelon stories? Do your students need support in finding the small events within a big one, zooming in on one small moment, retelling small sequences of events, and sketching it across multiple pages? If so, then our Small Moments Mentor Text Sticky Notes are for you.
Take a look at the anchor chart to the left. I'm sure you have used the watermelon analogy to help your students understand a small moment story. The whole watermelon is like the "big topic" of the story. The piece of the watermelon is like the "smaller topic" of the story. In other words, it is a small piece of the big topic. And then the seeds are the "small moments" that happen throughout the smaller topic.
Our small moments mentor text sticky notes will help you model specific examples from a mentor text of your choice to demonstrate the difference between a big topic, smaller topic, and small moment.
We have 3 types of sticky notes:
1. Big topic (whole watermelon)
2. Smaller topic (piece of the watermelon)
3. Small moment (seeds)
- The sticky notes are 3 x 3 in size.
- Full color printing
- 50 total sticky notes in a pack
- Spot at the top right hand side of the sticky note to write the page number from the book
- Big white box to write a description of what you want to model and say to your students
Reg: $4.99/pack of 50