I LOVE teaching reading & writing workshop because I have seen huge growth in students by the end of the year. And I mean jaw dropping growth...like my 2nd grader started the year at a level G and ended the year at a level M. So she started 3 reading levels behind and by the end of the year... was reading at grade level. Seriously!!! One of the big reasons for this growth is because of the structure of workshop. The workshop model allows you to give quick doses of effective strategies for students to collect in their "tool box", practice them over and over again, and learn them so that they can teach others.
You know what I wish? I wish more college students and beginning teachers had the training, instructional coaching, on-going support and resources to teach reading & writing workshop the RIGHT way from the start.
* 5.5 Hours of Training with 20 Instructional Videos or Audios by Desirée McGee-Greene
Receive a digital copy of the Guide to Reading & Writing Workshop
It's a STEP-BY-STEP guide for all parts of reading & writing workshop that you can reference super quick. Over 175 strategies & tips, 3 planning templates, and 20 anchor chart examples.
41 Downloadable Readings, Handouts, Printables or Templates
Lifetime access to the Unstoppable Literacy Teacher Club!
With our Teachers Speak Life Series, private Facebook group, countless printables & templates; you will have everything you'll need to not only effectively teach reading & writing, but also combat the stress, anxiety and frustration that often comes with it!
FREE access to the Teachers Speak Life Series!
Receive quick, weekly doses of positive words and affirmations, sent straight to your inbox, that will have you "SPEAKING LIFE" into your classroom, your students & families, the staff members who support your students, and your own personal life.
Free access to private Facebook Group for Unstoppable Literacy Teacher Club teachers!
are you ready to learn how to launch, run & maintain a thriving reading & writing workshop?
- Mini Lesson Teacher Language Cards
List of materials you'll need to have ready for mini lessons, conferences, and small group work
- How You Can Display Learning Targets in Your Classroom
- Writing Mini Lesson Components Cheat Sheet
- 2 Examples of Desirée's Lesson Plans for a Mini Lesson
- 4 Mini Lesson Planning Templates
- Mini Lesson Teacher Self-Reflection Form
- Teacher Roles vs. Student Roles in Partnerships
- How to Match Students into Partnerships
- Types of Partnership Activities and Conversation Prompts
- Recommended Materials for Partnerships & Clubs
- Types of Partnership Anchor Charts You'll Want to Have Right From the Start
- How to Arrange Your Furniture and Students to Maximize Conferring
- What Teachers Should Do After a Conference is Over
- Components & Timing of Research-Decide-Teach Conference Handout
- Teacher Language for Research-Decide-Teacher Writing Conference
- Components & Timing of Table Conference Handout
- Helpful Language for Conferences
- Individual Conferring Note-taking Form
- One Example of Desirée's Strategy Group Lesson Plan
- Blank Strategy Group Lesson Plan Template
- Individual & Small Group Note-taking Forms
- Essential Elements of Guided Reading Handout
- Individual Conferring vs. Strategy Group Handout
- What is Gradual Release of Responsibility and how the workshop model fits within this
- How to Successfully Launch Reading & Writing Workshop at the Beginning of the Year
- Checklist for Launching Workshop Model
- Desirée's Smartfile PDF of How She Launched Workshop in Her Own Classroom
- Strategies for Mid-Workshop Teaching
- 28 Tips for Building Reading & Writing Stamina
- Strategies for Building Independent Learners
- Desirée's Posters for "When I'm Done, I've Just Begun
to Keep Students Independently Writing
- Type of Classroom Environment You'll Need for a Successful Workshop
- Ways to Organize Your Classroom Library
- Bookshopping: Get Students Choosing "Just Right" Books
- Anchor Chart Ideas for Building Stamina
- 6 Strategies for When Students Are NOT Reading During Independent Time
- 20 Things to Model For Students to Have Successful Mini Lessons All Year
- 12 Introduction Mini Lessons at the Beginning of the Year
- The Most Popular Structure to Mini Lessons
- 12 Prompts to Use in Mini Lessons
- 3 Ways to Deliver the "TEACH" Component of Mini Lessons
- 12 Ways to Boost Engagement During Your Mini Lessons Besides "TURN & TALK"
YOUR COURSE WILL INCLUDE:
- 5.5 Hours of Training with 20 Instructional Videos or Audios by Desirée McGee-Greene
- 41 Downloadable handouts and lesson plan templates
- Digital copy of the Strong Start to Reading & Writing Workshop Guide
- When you complete the course, you will receive an electronic professional development certificate that you can add to your portfolio to show that you have received training in reading & writing workshop
Please Stay Connected: